What is Hypno Selling and How Can This Technique Help Sales?
A marketing approach that combines persuasive communication techniques with the basic principles of hypnosis
In an increasingly competitive marketing world, conventional techniques are sometimes no longer sufficient to attract consumer attention. One innovative approach that is now starting to gain attention is 'Hypno Selling'.
This technique combines psychology principles with sales strategy to create engaging experiences for consumers, influence their decisions, and ultimately increase sales conversions. Let's dive deeper into how 'Hypno Selling' can become g in your marketing strategy.
What is Hypno Selling?
Hypno selling, or hypnotic selling, is an approach to sales that combines persuasive communication techniques with the basic principles of hypnosis to influence customer decisions.
Here are some key points about hypno selling:
- Not Manipulation: Even though the name contains the word "hypnosis", hypno selling is not about controlling other people's minds. Instead, it is about understanding and communicating with potential buyers on a deeper level.
- Natural Conditions: Hypnosis is a natural state that everyone experiences every day. In the context of sales, this means bringing potential buyers into a more open, informed state of mind.
- Listen Carefully: One of the key aspects of hypno selling is the ability to listen carefully. This involves paying attention to the words used by potential buyers, their tone of voice, and their body language.
- Customer Language: Recognizing and reflecting customers' speaking styles (visual, auditory, or kinesthetic) can help build relationships and better understand their needs and wants.
- Telling the Story: People tend to connect with stories. In hypno selling, telling previous customer success stories or providing an overview of how the product or service can benefit the customer can be very effective.
- Focus on Emotions: People often make decisions based on emotions and then look for logical reasons to support those decisions. In hypno selling, finding and influencing potential buyers' emotional triggers is the key.
- Decision Strengthening: Once the transaction is complete, it's important to reinforce the customer's decision, ensure they feel informed about their purchase, and encourage them to share their positive experience with others.
Overall, hypno selling is about understanding and communicating with potential buyers in a more in-depth and persuasive way, with the aim of influencing their decisions in a positive and ethical way.
Benefits of Hypno Selling Techniques
Here are some of the advantages offered by the hypno selling marketing strategy:
- Persuade consumers to buy products or services with a subtle approach.
- A time-saving approach to promoting products or services.
- These skills are ideal for corporate sales teams, strengthening their sales capabilities.
- Has the potential to increase the sales volume of company products or services.
- A contemporary sales approach that does not require large investments in promotions.
- Adaptive, where the company only needs to provide hypno selling training for the sales and marketing team.
- The chance of rejection in sales is lower compared to teams that do not apply hypno selling techniques.
- Allows you to understand the communication that occurs, both consciously and unconsciously, by making suggestions so that consumers accept your offer.
- Make consumers feel closer to you through your communication skills. This allows you to understand consumers from a psychological perspective, making them feel more comfortable with you.
4 Basic Hypo Selling Techniques
There are four basic techniques for implementing hypo selling in a marketing context.
Customer Language Style
There are three types of language a potential buyer might use: visual, auditory, and kinesthetic. By understanding and mirroring their speaking style, you can build a closer relationship and understand their world better.
- People with language styles visual tend to understand and remember information by looking. They prefer to see graphs, diagrams, illustrations and other visual presentations.
- Key words often used by this type include: "see", "imagine", "image", and the like.
- They might say something like, "I see what you mean," or "Imagine if..."
- People with language styles auditors understand information by listening. They get a lot of information through discussions, lectures, and listening to explanations.
- Key words often used by this type include: "hear", "voice", "reverberate", and the like.
- They might say something like, "That sounds great," or "I hear what you're saying."
- People with language styles kinesthetic understand information through feeling and touch. They tend to understand concepts by doing, touching, or moving.
- Key words often used by this type include: "feel", "touch", "hold", and the like.
- They might say something like, "I feel like that's right," or "Let's try it and see how it feels."
Recognizing Consumer Characteristics:
- Objectives: Understanding consumer backgrounds, needs and desires so that marketing approaches are more targeted.
- Method: Before starting a marketing approach, it is important to understand your own product, such as advantages, features, and how to use it. With this knowledge, you can associate products with consumer characteristics, such as age, gender, occupation, and place of residence. Thus, marketing communications will be more relevant and attractive to consumers.
- Objectives: Knowing the specific reasons why consumers are interested or need your product.
- Method: You can observe consumer behavior, such as what they talk about on social media or the questions they frequently ask. Apart from that, you can also conduct surveys or direct interviews to find out their preferences. Once you know your consumers' reasons, you can craft marketing messages that match their needs and wants, increasing their likelihood of buying.
Decision Making Process:
- Objectives: Influence consumers to decide to buy your product.
- Method: Once consumers are influenced by your marketing message, they will consider making a purchase. Here, hypnotic marketing techniques play a role in influencing their final decision. This can be done in various ways, such as providing special offers, showing testimonials from other customers, or even by communicating persuasively. The goal is to turn consumer doubts into confidence to buy your product.
This technique combines deep understanding of consumers with persuasive communication to create strong suggestions for consumers to buy your product.